Monday, May 17, 2010

May 17, 2010 - Columbia Pike

Time: 44:15
Distance: 5.4
Pace: 8:12
Weather:  Light rain
Temp: 55ish
Time: 5:30 PM
Terrain: All side walk, somewhat hilly 



Over the weekend I was starting to get antsy to get back out running, last week the only time I really had to run I was still feeling like I was recovering from the half-marathon so I went without last week.  Over the weekend I checked out the weather forecast and realized if I wanted to get a run in, I had to do it in the rain.  The route I run is a direct 5.4 mile route that goes the entire length of my bus route, so my goal is to try and beat my bus home, which is possible because there is a lot of traffic and it takes the bus about 40 minutes to go the 5 miles.
 Today I felt great, I thought I had gone a little bit faster then my pace indicated but I think that was mostly due to the mostly uphill nature of the route.  Going up the first hill definitely had me questioning how I ran 13.1 just last week.  Once I got into the groove though I felt strong, if I noticed a light was about to be changing my goal was to pick up the pace enough to catch it, and I was successful each time.  The goal of this route is to just get this in a couple times each week after work just to maintain my endurance.  Hopefully in the coming months I can get a bike and increase my workout regimen even more.






No comments:

Post a Comment