Monday, April 20, 2009

Boston Marathon

So today was the Boston Marathon and I got lucky and with my large monitor I was able to watch the whole thing and still do work! How great is that? So a quick recap from what I saw, Ryan Hall set a fast pace early on...as fast as a predicted finish of 2:03 but then it slowed up a bit and he fell off a little at the end, but not because he was dead, just because the Kenyan and Ethiopian up front sped up a bit. He ended up finishing 3rd and I thought it was great for an American to reach the podium! In other news the Women also had an American up front, Kara Goucher, she lead most of the race or was in the lead pack but at the end the two other women (Also Kenyan and Ethiopian) raced for the win while Goucher finished just a few seconds behind. Great race for the Americans this year, here's to hoping next year an American tops the podiums for the men and women!

No comments:

Post a Comment