Wednesday, May 6, 2009

May 6th Short Run

Time: 25 Minutes
Distance: 2.8
Weather: No rain...paths were wet but it was dry!
Temp: 56
Time: 5:00 AM
Terrain: The first half is pretty much down hill and the second half is pretty much all downhill...not a flat spot at all!
Route: http://www.mapmyrun.com/route/us/va/arlington/116124160357440198

Comments: I wanted to start picking up my weekly mileage and going to 3 weekdays and a weekend run, and today I finally got out of bed to get it done! I did a short run just to help me build it up gradually, I think the goal is to make this about a 5-6 mile run where I am going as slow as I can, just to help me get out one more day a week but not to injure myself. Today I was going out trying to go as slow as I could...and I ran about a 8:50 - 9 minute mile...I'm bad at the whole "go slow" deal but maybe I'll get better at it and can teach myself to go at 9 1/2-10 minute miles (but I doubt it).

Days until MCM: 172 days

No comments:

Post a Comment