Saturday, April 24, 2010

2 Mile Run - April 24, 2010

My schedule has been a bit hectic lately and my knee was giving me a little bit of pain, so today I FINALLY made it back out for a run, albeit a very short one.  While Erin was feeding our little girl I took the 15-20 minute window to get 2 miles in, and it felt great.

I have been feeling a bit nervous because I have a half Marathon in 2 weeks and I have done no real training for it.  I decided I was going to do the light run today at an easy pace just to see how I feel.  I kept myself at an 8 minute pace and felt nearly no fatigue when I was done running.  My goal for the next 2 weeks is to get a decent amount of runs in, whether it be a quick 2 mile run or the real goal, a 10 mile run (if I get that much free time) and just go out for the half with the goal of having fun.  I figure I'll start out going an 8:30-9 minute miles and if after the first half is over if I feel like I'm going strong I'll pick up the pace.  Hopefully I break 2 hours!  Yes, I'm THAT out of shape.

Here's the like to the half, entries are still available.

No comments:

Post a Comment