Thursday, April 1, 2010

Sign up for the Army Ten Miler!


Today you can sign up for the Army Ten Miler in Washington, DC. The ATM is America's largest 10 mile race and it is quite a race. If you are thinking of running it, sign up now. The race filled up last year in 6 days, if you decide you don't want to run it you can sell your spot...and they always have a lot of people begging to get in that missed the cut.

If you want to run as a charity, here is an e-mail from a friend about the race.


…To Run for a CAUSE…

As most of you know, the Army Ten Miler (Sunday, October 24, 2010) is my most favorite race…EVER!! It’s a great 10-mile course through our Nation’s Capital, and to me, it’s Army homecoming!

Every year I put together a fundraising team to raise money for Fisher House Foundation, which is the military’s equivalent of the Ronald McDonald houses. These houses are built near major military medical facilities so that families can stay for free and help their loved ones as they recover from their war injuries. You can check our Fisher House’s web site (http://www.fisherhouse.org/), but also know that of the $1.4 million that President Obama earned for his Nobel Peace Prize, he gave the most ($250,000) to Fisher House Foundation! Not getting political here, but just sayin’ :)

If I haven’t lost you yet, many are probably thinking “I don’t want to fundraise…that seems like a lot of work…I’m not sure how I feel about supporting the military”, and I completely understand… I’m just casting a wide net to see who might be interested in joining Team Fisher House – for me, it’s not about speed (no recorded run times),but about helping others. We don’t care if you raise $10 or $100. Quite frankly, it makes the training easier because you know you are helping those who might never walk again. I like to think of it as running for those who can’t… and personally, I’m most inspired when I run military races and have men and women pass me on their prosthetics. For me, I think of this as an opportunity to do something bigger than yourself… Fisher House is a GREAT cause, and if you are interested in fundraising for them while running the Army Ten Miler, please let me know. Come join our team!!

If not… Army Ten Miler registration (http://www.armytenmiler.com/

If you want more information, send me a message and I will pass on your questions to Allie!

No comments:

Post a Comment