Thursday, March 11, 2010

March 11th - Pacers Greenberry AM Run

Time: 42:29
Distance: 5.3
Pace: 8:01
Weather:  Nice and dry the entire course
Temp: 51
Time: 5:00 AM
Terrain: Pretty flat except at the the end

I was FINALLY able to run in shorts and a t-shirt for an AM run again, and it felt fantastic!  I ran with Ken again this morning, we talked most of the way and had someone in front of us that kept us at a pretty decent pace, even though we weren't running with her.  As a whole the run was uneventful, near the end as we were approaching the hilly finish I looked to Ken and asked if he thought we could catch the runner in front of us.  After thinking for a moment we decided we mine as well try so off we went on the uphill to try and catch Julia, I got her about half way up the hill and just kept on trucking past.  It then hit me like a freight train that their was still a flat portion left and I had used up most of my energy on that up hill, oops.

On a separate note, on Saturday morning Pacers is having their Four Court Four Miler race, and it ends on the double up hill from my old Thursday route, which I promise you will be pretty brutal for those not prepared.

I'm also planning on running tomorrow a nice and easy 4 miles with a friend at the Pentagon City store...I'll let you know if he bails on me!

I took pictures of my shoes this morning, to show how badly worn they are, I'll post them later today.

No comments:

Post a Comment