Sunday, February 21, 2010

Adidas miCoach - Part II

Last night I went to the Adidas store in Tysons Corner, because they were having a special event to try and sell you on the miCoach, and it would give me a chance to learn more about it before deciding if I want to put down the $140 to buy it.  Last week I was sold, hook, line, sinker...now not so much.  Here are some of the things that I learned that I wasn't entirely crazy of.

During a race I really think they should have a setting that says I want to run a 3:30 or whatever, and if you're not on pace it tells you occasionally that you can speed up or slow down.  During the marathon's I liked having a friend wearing a Garmin (I think) and he was able to tell us if we were ahead or behind or estimated finish based on his watch.  When they come out with version 2, I think this is something they should definitely try to include.

If you want to hook it into your iPod their is no way to connect it and strap it down to your arm together.  The saleswoman made it seem like if I wanted them connected I would all but be destined to hold it in my hand for the duration of my run...which once in a while I don't mind but that can get old and annoying really fast.  It makes sense though, one of their sales points is that it works with ANY mp3 player, so they'd inevitably leave some of the mp3 players in the cold by not making a case that fits their product as well...but iPod is the biggest mp3 player so you should make that accessory.

Just my 2 cents on the product, mind you I do not own one.  I'm a low budget runner and I want to make sure I'm going to really like what I getting if I will be spending a decent dime on the cool new gadget.

To see my original blog entry on the Adidas miCoach, go here

If Adidas wants to send me a free one to review, I'm open to that idea haha

*please let me know if any of this information is incorrect, it is based on my conversation with a salesperson at the store.

No comments:

Post a Comment