Sunday, February 28, 2010

Love the Run Your With 5K

I just got home from Pacers Love the Run Your With 5K!

I didn't race, instead I decided to go out and volunteer with the Pacers Ambassador program and despite the cold weather I had a great time cheering on the runners and working the water stop at the half way mark.  Early on we set up the cups and poured water and really were wondering if anyone would even want the water with hold cold it was outside, but believe it or not a lot of runners wanted their water...I even saw one that poured some over his head!

As the runners started coming past us a Pacers sponsored runner was leading both the men and women races and they both had a pretty clear lead, don't know if they won but I think it was a safe guess that they did.  A lot of runners were out, the race sold out and I think they all had a pretty good time.

If you haven't already signed up, Pacers has another race coming up, the Four Court Four Miler and you can get more information here.

Also, thank you to Potomac Runners for running the water stop and making us feel welcome!

No comments:

Post a Comment